Monday, August 21, 2006


Yesterday I went to Azabu-juban Festival(麻布十番祭り) with my friends. Azabu-juban Festival is one of the most famous festival in Japan. Thousands of people crowded the festival☆There were a lot of stalls. For example Banana Chocolate,Yakisoba,Butter Potatos,burned squid・・・


In the second picture,we were eating a shaved ice with green tea syrup and adzuki.It's so nice!In summer nothing is better than a shaved ice :-)



We wore Yukata!Yukata is Japanese traditional clothes. Mainly people wear Yukata in summer.Yukata is more casual than Kimono.

5 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Ji Won said...

heeyy~~ nice yukata ^^
Sounds like a lot of fun at the festival. I want what you're eating in that picture!! Oisisoo.... onaka suita... nani ka tabenakyaan~ ^^ mata ne~

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I was thrilled to find your post with the great pictures! You look great in the yukata. I am trying to imagine "burned squid." Is this really tasty? I see you added links to everyone's blog, too. You are a real blogger!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger bon said...

You look so cute in the yukata!
You are a yamatonadeshiko!
( A yamatonadeshiko means a Japanese pretty girl.)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger mimaki said...

Ji won,Nina,Laura,Seri,Bon,and Linda!!
Thank you leaving comments.I'm so glad:)I wanted to go to the festival with you~.

What I'm eating in the last photo is 「イカ焼き」in japanese.イカ焼き means "burned squid" The taste of it is soy sauce.It's good!!If you come to Japan festival I recommend you to eat イカ焼き♪

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Hiromi said...

Woooooow!
I really wanted to go to some Omatsuri and wear Yukata, but I didn't have a chance to do so! :( The foods you saw at the festival seem really yummy!!!! I wish I were there with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home