Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A few days have passed since school began. Every day I'm busy because my house is so far from my school and I have to do my homework:( Then afer school I go to driving school or I work part-time job. Sometimes I feel tired but I spend days enjoyablly:)

By the way I want to put some pictures.It's one of my memories in summer♪



I wore Furisode for Seijin shiki. It is the most formal kimono for single women, and made of very fine, brightly colored silk. Furisode are distinguishable by their long sleeves, and the name literally translates as swinging (furi) sleeves (sode) - these sleeves average between 39 and 42 inches in length.

Seijin shiki (成人式) is the Japanese coming-of-age ceremony. It is held annually on Coming-of-Age Day (成人の日, seijin no hi), the second Monday in January. Maybe you think why did I wear Furisode in September!? If I wear Furisode on Coming-of-Age Day and go to Photo studio,I can't get memorial pictures because Photo studio is very crowded that day!That is the reason why I wore it in summer.

Anyway Kimono is sooo tight^^;but it is beautiful and vivid.I like Kimono:)

4 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Hiromi said...

Hello, Mimaki~!
It's always a bit hard to get back to the regular schedule after the vacation ended da yo nee~. But seeing your friends again is very nice, isn't it? I hope that I'll see you soon at the school!

Also, I enjoyed looking at the pictures that you took at the photo shooting! I like the combination of your Kimono and the belt. I'm gonna take pictures of Kimono next month! So I already am excited about wearing Kimono!

Anyway...it's a bit early to say, but 成人おめでとう~♪

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Wow, Mimaki, you look stunning in your furisode (and I appreciate the explanation too)! I really love the first picture, but all of them are beautiful.

Coming-of-Age Day is the same for everyone, then? I thought it was connected with your 20th birthday. Who participates, then? What if your birthday comes right after the ceremony--do you get to participate, or do you have to wait until the following year?

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Ji Won said...

Hey Mimaki~ ^^
Furisode looks very good on you! It makes you look very traditional and conservative in those pictures. Nice nice~
Also, early omedetou for your seizinsiki~ ^^

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger John said...

Beautiful pictures!

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home